We all have that one dish that we’ve tried at a local restaurant or event that is ingrained in our “food memory bank.” It’s that unique and delicious meal that, if we were rating food items using emojis, gives us all the heart eyes.
Here at Cater2.me, we pride ourselves on taste-testing every single food item that we provide. We’ve even taste-tested crickets before, no joke!
Moreover, we’re users of our own service. So, we get lunch catered from ourselves and get the chance to regularly eat the food we serve to you.
So, we asked our team: out of all of the Cater2.me dishes you’ve tried, what has been your favorite? Here’s what they said:
- Alex L., Co-Founder, New York: I have 2. (1) The chicken empanada from El Porteno in San Francisco. El Porteno was one of our first vendors in SF, and his empanadas are something I have to get whenever I’m in town. The empanada has a flaky crust and has just the right balance of sweet and salty, with raisins and olives mixed in with perfectly-seasoned chicken. (2) Salted caramel pretzel chicken fingers from Sticky’s Finger Joint in New York. What’s not to love about this dish? A savory chicken finger crusted in crushed pretzels with a sweet and salty topping. This dish hits all the right notes and is the perfect guilty pleasure.
- David C., Vendor Team, Seattle: One of our vendors, Jemil’s Big Easy, wanted us to test out some new menu items. Fried chicken, sweet potato pie, smoked salmon, and chicken fettuccine alfredo. (The Alfredo sauce, in typical Jemil-style, was enriched with egg yolks). I don’t think anyone in the office ever wanted to stop eating. I’m definitely aware that any diet requires balance, but I was happy to embrace that weak moment and relish every bite.
- Faith M., Vendor Team, New York: The Detention Ice Cream Pie is my favorite food. It’s malt vanilla ice cream with a fruity pebble crust from Ice & Vice!! It’s amazingly delicious, and I love fruity pebbles.
- Lauren T., Account Management, Austin: Hot Mama’s Cafe has the most amazing hummus I’ve ever tasted in my life (and I’ve tasted a lot of hummus). Though hummus itself isn’t very unique, Hot Mama’s flavor combinations are out of this world: jalapeno curry, ginger cilantro, and a lemon garlic that always hit the spot.
- Lisa S., Sales, Chicago: Grilled Polenta with Bolognese Ragu from The Polenta Bar in Chicago! We just had their tasting, and the food was amazing. The grilled polenta has a unique texture, and they cook the bolognese for over 6 hours, making it so flavorful and delicious!
- Margie N., Marketing, Los Angeles: Our tasting for Fork-In Aussie Pie was AMAZING and unique! They were able to take an Australian staple and create delicious renditions like steak and shiraz, bbq pork with mac and cheese, and Thai curry chicken. The fact that the restaurant owner had an Australian accent made the tasting even more authentic.
- Michael B., Finance, New York: My favorite food is definitely the Tuna Poke Bowl from RAW MKT! I loved all the extra toppings and sauces you could spice things up with, but the texture of the rice with the tuna itself was incredible, despite being simple. Also, it’s a great mix of flavor for a nice lunch that gave me great energy and ultimately made me feel good inside.
- Sandy S., Account Management, New York: I can’t say it was my favorite food, but the best unique thing I ever ate here was a deep-fried oreo. As a result, I ended up eating five of them and went into a hardcore food coma. It was a rough day.
These are just a few of the Cater2.me dishes that our employees love. Now, it’s your turn: what’s the best thing you ever ate – at work?