The holidays are a joyous time of family, togetherness, and love. They’re also a time for kindness, generosity, and sharing. Unfortunately, for those most in need, the holidays can be especially hard.
Throughout the year, while helping to provide delicious food for your office, Cater2.me also focuses on giving back: we work to supply local charities with uneaten meals and personally deliver leftover food directly to the hungry. As we enter the colder months, these efforts become even more important.
That’s why this year we’re introducing a new initiative, the Cater2.me Cares Winter Food Drive.
From Monday, December 7th, through Friday, December 18th, Cater2.me will partner with companies to collect canned food and non-perishable items such as pasta or cereal for those in need.
If you’re in New York or San Francisco and would like to participate, please contact email@example.com for more information. As a special thank you, all participating companies will be entered in a raffle to win a special treat from Cater2.me!
What food should I collect?
- healthy, non-perishable food
- items with intact, un-opened consumer or commercial packaging
- items with non-breakable packaging (no glass please)
- food within the expiration date on the packaging
What are the most-requested items?
- peanut butter
- canned chicken breast or tuna
- dry pinto beans
- canned low sodium vegetables
- brown rice
- canned fruit in its own juice (no sugar added)
- non-fat dry milk powder
- 100% whole grain cereal
Who is this benefiting?